[RP TownTalk] re Riverdale Park Patch.com

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 03:55:30 UTC 2010

I just want to say that I think that the new "patch.com"  is a very welcome
addition to the available media on our town and area. One of the downsides
of living in a large metro area is that news about your specific locality is
hard to come by.  Heaven help us if something happens that actually gets us
on the "local" TV news (not that I watch that).

I will confess considerable skepticism about the business model behind
patch.com - but if they can make it work, more power to them. Since the
Gazette stopped home delivery in our area, it's pretty much been as if
there's a blackout on news about our town and surrounding communities.  If
nobody posts it to TownTalk or Hyattsville HOPE list, it's like the
proverbial tree falling in the forest that nobody heard.

The Patch has changed that. I am grateful.  If you haven't seen it, check it
out (link below).  There's also a Hyattsville patch, as well as ones for
surrounding communities.

http://riverdalepark.patch.com/

Dwight