[RP TownTalk] Speaking of trains..... reply

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
Wed Apr 6 18:15:26 UTC 2011

The thing that nags my mind is this safety issue with the impending purple
line.  It is at ground level and running through populated areas. If it is as
quiet as some folks are claiming what will keep those plugged in to telephones
and I pods from walking in front of them?
It is a bad enough situation with pedestrians and cars, You see so many people
walking across the street talking on the phone not paying attention.
 cars can stop suddenly ... most of the time.... but a 50 mile and hour subway
car?