[RP TownTalk] Serious injury sustained by our Fire Chief Chuck Ryan

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:10:21 UTC 2011

 Friends and neighbors,

You may have heard in the news that several fire fighters were injured last
night in a fire in DC.  One of those firefighters was our Company 7 Chief
Chuck Ryan. Chuck works for the DC Fire Department as a paid employee.

Below you will find information that was shared by our Company 7. Please do
keep all of these people in your prayers and thoughts. When I get an address
where cards or flowers can be sent I will share that information with you
all.

Best wishes,

Vern

For those of you that may not know, Chief Ryan was seriously burned while on
a fire at work. He has 2nd and 3rd degree burns to 40% of his body. This
includes both arms from fingers to his shoulders, his back, and his legs. He
has been intubated for the pain. He has no respiratory burns. Please keep
him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Cathy, TJ, and Shelby are
by his side. He is at the Burn Center and will not be able to have many
visitors for the 48 hours. There may be a need to donate blood. We will keep
you updated with more information as we get it.

The information above continues to be accurate.

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor
Town of Riverdale Park, Maryland