[RP TownTalk] Support for our Fire Chief

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:03:09 UTC 2011

Friends and neighbors,

As anyone who is following the condition of Chief Ryan knows he remains in
very serious condition and clearly faces a long road to recovery (you can
get updates via the fire department web site http://www.riverdalevfd.org/ ).
He can have no visitors and that will probably remain the case for a while
longer.

I have been in daily contact with fire department President Steve Lamphire
to stay abreast of the chief's condition and also to be certain that
anything that the town or broader community can do to support him will be
done.  From these talks we came up with a couple of additional things we can
do to show Chief Ryan and his family that the community cares.

1) today is the first farmers' market and at the community table we will
have a giant get well card for everyone in the community to sign and send a
short get well message. Please stop by and sign.  If you can't make it
today, the card will be at town hall through next Tuesday, please come by
and ask the staff to let you sign it.

2) on Wednesday the 20th anyone interested in going to the burn center and
donating blood please join me at town hall and we will caravan down
together.  We will depart from town hall at 12:30. We will take the
community get well card at the same time. Hopefully by Wednesday Chief Ryan
will be improved enough to receive one visitor and the card, but if not we
can give it to the hospital staff and they can make sure that the Chief
knows we were there and we care.

Obviously many people will want to join us on Wednesday, but not be able to.
Please go and donate blood separately and god bless you for doing so.

Lastly, Chief Ryan loves Riverdale Volunteer Fire Company 7 and what we can
do to support the firehouse is one way of showing our respect for the chief!
Next Tuesday the 19th there is a fundraiser at Franklin's in which a portion
of your check (20% if I remember correctly) is donated to the firehouse--but
you have to remember to tell your waiter to put that on the check.

Best wishes,

Vern
 --
Vernon Archer, Mayor