[RP TownTalk] ArtsFest & Election Season & sundry matters

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:22:31 UTC 2011

Friends and neighbors -

This coming Sunday and Monday are big days in our community. Sunday marks
the 4th Annual Riverdale Park ArtsFest, which will take place once again
right here in our lovely Town Center.  And Monday is the day of our town
election, held at Town Hall.  It looks like the weather will be favorable
for both days.

I hope everyone will turn out to celebrate and enjoy the various events and
activities at the ArtsFest.  You can get all kinds of info about the
ArtsFest here at this website: http://rpartscouncil.org

While I could rejoice in the fact that we're approaching election day and
there have been no heated, excited threads on TownTalk that have required
any action from yours truly, the moderator of this list, alas life is never
either as simple nor as predictable as we might choose. First, it is of
course regrettable that we have no contested races in this election - which
may explain the lack of any heated, excited threads.

Second, recent discussions about the musical events scheduled for the
upcoming ArtsFest have taken on a somewhat personal nature, veering over
into or at least very much teetering towards that area of 'ad hominem'
attacks which are specifically disallowed on this list.  If anyone would
like to revisit the TownTalk policies, they are available here:
(And for future reference, that link is included near the bottom of every
TownTalk email)

As a result, I have requested the list administrator to put the list "on
moderation". This means that all posts will need to be reviewed and approved
by me before they are distributed to the list. Believe me, I do not relish
this. I really, really do regret having to take this step, and my thought
now is that this will be temporary until next week, after the ArtsFest and
election are behind us.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thank you.

Dwight Holmes
List Moderator