[RP TownTalk] Route 1, Queensbury, and beyond

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 16:25:39 UTC 2011

Ever walk around Lafayette and Queensbury at rush hour in the morning?  Or I
should say, try to?  Cars ARE backed all the way from Route 1 to Lafayette and
what makes it interesting is; sometimes, instead of waiting on the east side of
the tracks for traffic to clear so they can cross safely, I'll see cars in
traffic parked ON the railroad tracks!  Hey, they don't mind putting themselves
at risk........   And in addition; the cars will many times be backed up from
the tracks along Lafayette back to Ravenswood Road.

As for the signs saying "do not block intersection?"  Might as well save your
money and not bother; there is (or was?) a sign for northbound traffic at
Queensbury and Route 1 and it's the norm for people to park right in the middle
of the intersection.  A real shame, but it does as much good as those stop
signs, "traffic calming lines," etc. we have in town along Lafayette/  When I'm
out walking I notice it when people DO stop at a stop sign or don't block the
intersections.  And yes, friends and neighbors, it's gonna get worse....