[RP TownTalk] Route 1, Queensbury, and beyond (Sue Collins)

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 17:17:21 UTC 2011

As I've said before, 'controlled' is the word; a good phrase to use would also
be "plan ahead;" there's lots of suburbs in the DC/MD/VA area where growth has
occurred and it seems only AFTER the growth has occurred that people address the
problems like an increase in traffic, the need for more public services, etc.
If we want to invite the traffic, etc., into town and not try to take steps to
deal with it, well, that's up to the powers that be; I've lived in my present
location almost 25 years and in the area for several years before that.  While I
realize that a certain amount of change IS inevitable, I remember the area
before the Metro system and the Beltway even existed; when those plans started
taking off, all you heard was how these were going to do SO much for the area,
traffic would be better, etc.  Last time I looked, there's still LOTS of traffic
problems out there, on a continual basis. I can also see that our great town is
slowly being nibbled away and not a whole lot of people seem to care, it's all
about the almighty dollar.  Or maybe they think we can somehow keep our
neighborhood intact yet overbuild and overpopulate the town? Oh well,what I
think isn't of much importance anyhow; people who don't own homes, even if
they've lived in the same place 25 years as I have, and who don't own cars have
about as much political influence and social standing as the red-headed
stepchild at the family reunion.   See ya-