[RP TownTalk] Emergency Contact during Hurricane

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 17:20:32 UTC 2011

Friends and neighbors,

As the hurricane approaches and then moves past us to the east over the next
24+ hours I want to remind all residents that our police dispatch will be
the point of contact for all emergencies or concerns requiring town help--
301-927-4343.

Public works will be prepared to respond to keep roads open through the
night. As time allows they will be able to help with other issues as
dispatched through the police station.  In particular we have some capacity
to provide electricity to housebound persons that require it for medical
reasons.  Also, we have some pumping capacity as well. Please remember
though the first priority in a situation like this is for Public Works to
keep our road network passable.

The police will have extra officers on duty as well, ready to respond to
what might occur.

Power outages or downed lines should first be reported to PEPCO at
1-877-737-2662. Informing our dispatchers second to help keep our workers
and residents safe will be appreciated.

Stay safe and lets support each other as neighbors and we'll get through
this together!

Best wishes,

Vern

--