[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 61, Issue 21

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 22:45:39 UTC 2011

Don't call it a "pit"; it is a death sentence at the animal  shelter.

Adrianne Lefkowitz

In a message dated 8/29/2011 8:00:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
towntalk-request at riverdale-park.org writes:

Just  left Dumm's at 9:50pm/10pm, young lady sitting on step with a
beautiful
black dog, with white paws (just the "toes", rest of foot  black).

She said the dog (we think is part pit/lab) had been left tied  to the bike
rack in front of the door for some time.  A companion bull  dog had also
been
tied, but he got loose and ran away.  Pit very  friendly, extremely
affectionate, beautiful shiny black coat; walks up to  everyone that wanted
to pet her.looks as though she may recently have had  pups. The young lady
thinks the two young boys she saw with the dogs may  have stolen them from
someone's yard. I think she said the boys said the  bull dog bit one of
them.
Again, we think the

're  local because when train come by, the dog did not
seem disturbed.   Someone had called Animal protection; I hope  someone
knows
the owner  before the dog is taken.  Absolutely wonderful disposition.
Didn't see  bull dog, can't describe him.  Mike at Dumm's might have  seen
him.     Iris/Oliver  Street