[RP TownTalk] Holiday Market Bake-Off

John Davisson johnd at patch.com
Fri Dec 9 18:01:50 UTC 2011

Hi all--

For those of you I haven't had the opportunity to meet, my name is John
Davisson; I'm Sonia's successor at Riverdale Park-University Park Patch.

You may have spotted this on our site already, but I wanted to give a quick
plug to Patch's bake-off, which runs tomorrow afternoon at the Holiday
Market. Anyone can enter the event to compete for the "crowd favorite" and
"editor's pick" dessert.

Here's the scoop:

• Contestants should submit their already-baked treats by 1 p.m. Look for
the Patch table and drop off the dessert there.

• Entries should come in two 9" by 13" baking dishes.

• Please include information about potential allergens (such as nuts) with
your entry.

• The sweets will be cut into bite-sized pieces for market-goers to taste.
Shoppers will vote for one winner, and another winner will be picked by
Patch editors.

• Winners must be present when the picks are announced at 4 p.m. in order
to claim their prizes.

• The crowd pleaser will win a $50 gift card to a local restaurant; the
editor's favorite will get a $25 Starbucks card.

• The winners — and their recipes, if they're willing to share — will be
featured on Patch later this holiday season.

If you have any questions, call me at 203-816-1731 or drop me an email at
johnd at patch.com. I look forward to seeing many of you out there tomorrow
(and sampling some excellent desserts)!

John Davisson
johnd at patch.com