[RP TownTalk] Feature on Women Business Owners

Sonia Dasgupta sonia at patch.com
Tue Jan 18 20:37:53 UTC 2011

Hey everyone --

Happy New Year!

I just wanted to let you all know about a cool feature Patch wrote on some
Riverdale Park business owners -- http://patch.com/A-dp2s.

We spoke to Emily Fanning, Loreen Arnold and Audrey Bragg. Here's a part of
it...

*Emily Fanning went on a vacation with her family in Mount Vernon when she
was 8-years-old. During one of their excursions, they visited a gift shop.
Fanning’s eyes scanned the sales floor and landed on a doll made of hickory
nut. She begged her father to buy her the doll, but it was out of their
price range.*

*“We couldn’t afford to buy the doll, so my father said, ‘there’s a hickory
nut tree in the backyard, you can make your own doll,’” Fanning, now 71,
said.*

Thanks,

Sonia

--
Sonia Dasgupta
Editor | Riverdale Park-University Park Patch<http://riverdalepark.patch.com>
cell: 301-237-1216 | sonia at patch.com
http://twitter.com/RiverdalePatch | Find us on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/RiverdalePatch>

Want to advertise? Contact our Ad Manager George Ingraham Jr at
george.ingrahamjr at patch.com.