[RP TownTalk] Commercial traffic through town

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Fri Jan 21 12:27:42 UTC 2011

Mayor Archer, thanks for your clarification...

And I guess as long as we're on the subject... I reported this twice  to
the town months and months ago so it's not news to them, but...I no longer
drive eastbound on Riverdale Road, by the intersection of Taylor, because of
the  wagon ruts that have been formed on our brand new repaved roads. My car
scrapes bottom at that intersection.

Assuming we have had this increased traffic issue for quite a while  (which
we have) and increased large truck traffic (which we have)  coming through
town, why is this only now getting  attention?  Why hasn't this law been
better enforced up to  now? And for goodness sake, why do we need a warning
period for  a restriction that has been in place since, I think, the first
Tiberio  administration?  Isn't it low hanging fruit?

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Somewhere in Riverdale Park

Haven't we had signs that say that very thing posted for   like...forever?

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Somewhere in Riverdale  Park

The Town of Riverdale Park will be installing and  enforcing  commercial
vehicles that are using residential streets as a  cut through to  avoid
state roads and traffic delays. The signs will be  posted "NO  THRU
TRUCKS OVER 5 TON". This will not include buses or  local  deliveries.
Due to the increasing commercial vehicle traffic,  damaged roads  and
pedestrian safety it is necessary to enforce these  restrictions.  Once
the signs are in place there will be a warning  period before  state
citations are issued. Any questions should be  directed to Pfc  Alford
or Lt. Powell at  301-927-4343.