[RP TownTalk] crime watch

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 18:14:43 UTC 2011

I subscribe to an online crime reporting service and have gotten the following
notification of crimes on Ravenswood Road; on 7/2, tags were stolen from a car
in the 4700 Block, on 7/10, a car was stolen in the 5000 block, and yesterday
evening a car in the 4700 Block was vandalized.  I haven't received notification
of crimes on other streets in the immediate area, so as of now the "activities"
appear to be centered on Ravenswood Road.  And of course there's my apartment
building on Ravenswood; many mornings I'll leave for work and the outside
building lights are turned off, and there's beer bottles and trash in the
yard. And yes, more of my plants in my little patch have been destroyed, so you
probably won't see me puttering around at the flowers.  My apartment doesn't
look out on the front of the building, so I can't see what's going on, on the
property or on the street.  Anyhow, if you live on Ravenswood, travel through
the area, or see crime or suspicious behavior in any other part of town, PLEASE
let the police know about it.  We should be able to park out cars, plant our
flowers, and live our lives in town without having to worry about vandalism,
theft, or worse.