[RP TownTalk] crime watch

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 19:34:48 UTC 2011

Seems to be a lot of people who apparently don't have jobs, as you see them
outside with their kids all the time. Can't really call the police on that, as
the kids DO need a place to play (although, why the parents don't take them to
the parks?) All but 1 of the units are 1 bedroom, but I don't want to open up
that debate again about how many people are allowed in 1 bedroom apartments.
There's still a few of us old-timers who've been there for a long while, who
"remember when."  As for why not get decent tenants, some people have told me
it's easier for landlords to collect rent on Section 8 tenants, don't know if
that's true?  I like the location of the building and the surrounding area and
had planned to stay until retirement a few years from now.  However, when a
police officer tells you "please tell me you do NOT live there," that's not too
good!!  Well, I guess it can always be worse and I'm trying to keep my sense of
humor about it.  Last year when we had that 4 point whatever earthquake, I was
asked if it upset my guinea pigs; I said no, they probably thought it was just a
police officer taking down a door, just the 'norm.'  (thanks to people in town
and surrounding areas who've sympathized w/ my problem and listened to my
complaints!)