[RP TownTalk] Change etc

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 16:18:03 UTC 2011

RE the discussion about school equipment, development, etc.  It would be nice if
people would stop acting like everyone who doesn't believe in "anything for a
change" is an old poot, some type of reactionary, whatever.  As I said in
working farm.  We moved into the area when I was around 7-8 years old and I'm
hitting the big 6-OH this year, so if we're talking about change, I've seen
plenty of it.  As stated before, I realize change is inevitable and sometimes
good; however, we need to be careful.  Yes, the new stores in the town/county
could be good, but we also need to think about the increase in traffic, costs
for additional public services, etc.  If we're talking about change and
development, I'm just saying everyone needs to think really hardl about what
they want and what they expect, and what the actual final results of increased
development will be, that's all.

And I have to laugh when I hear people mocking those who don't want change, but
they think bringing more chain stores to the area is a great thing.  Speaking
for myself I would be absolutely delighted to see more individually owned stores
and fewer chains of any kind around here.  The way things are going, you can
travel from one part of the U.S. to another and never know you've left town,
it's the same stores, same restaurants, nothing at all to let you know you're
not at home.  Just generic, sterile little suburbs from coast to coast.  Ugh.