[RP TownTalk] Terrible grafitti in local park

erika wilson erikawilson at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:59:36 UTC 2011

I'm trying to find out who to talk with about removing some awful grafitti at a local park.

Yesterday evening I took my 10-month old son to the awesome park in between the Anacostia river/bike trail and Taylor Ave. I love this park and the equipment is great with TWO infant swings! Yeah!

So you can imagine how saddened I was when my husband noticed that the sign next to the jungle gym had some horrible grafitti: "this is for gays", "F--- white people" and "F--- white children"

I know its likely the destructive act of some stupid, ignorant teenagers but it is a hateful act in my community, at my local park and it makes me sad and angry. I don't like feeling attacked in my own neighborhood. No one should have to see such awful messages, but especially not children in a space dedicated to children.

Anyway, I would like to get it removed ASAP. Who can I call? Who manages the playground? Town of Riverdale or MNCPPC? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Erika