[RP TownTalk] Terrible grafitti in local park

johnferg27 at aol.com johnferg27 at aol.com
Fri Mar 18 18:56:08 UTC 2011

Erika-

I would make two calls -- 1) the Public Works Supervisor of the Town and 2) M-NCPPC maintenance.  It was my experience in the Town that grafitti needed to be removed ASAP or it invited copycats.  "In the day," the PW supervisor knew that a call meant he would send someone out as soon as he hung up the phone.  I did not worry that (maybe) this should be work done by M-NCPPC -- I felt it was more critical that it be removed to protect the next family group and to reduce the copycat idiots who would look at it as an invitation to improve on the messages.

I would also notify the Town Police Chief and the Park Police in the hope that both agencies would keep the location on their list of "keeping an eye out."  I know the area you are referring to and, on occasion, a mounted Park Police officer would come through the parks which was a welcome sight.

Hope you can get back to "pure" enjoyment of the parks soon.

Ann Ferguson