[RP TownTalk] graffiti and art

michelle burns mishburns at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 16:01:53 UTC 2011

While I can understand Gerald's point of view regarding graffiti, I think that
most people would make a distinction between racial slurs and obscenities
scrawled on a wall and the examples of murals and graffiti that Bruce showed us
(I don't think anyone would argue that what the op found in the park was
"art"!).  It may not be your cup of tea but graffiti art can be well-crafted and
expressive.  Why not have a dedicated space made available to graffiti artists,
but at the same time crack down on gang related/offensive/obscene graffiti?

Michelle Burns