[RP TownTalk] Cultivating Community/Cultivar la Comunidad - A Public Art and Food Project on Kenilworth Ave.

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 19:48:19 UTC 2011

Not sure what happened to the announcement given that it had to be
approved.  In any case, here it is again without the glossy flyer.

Please join us for a design charrette meeting next Saturday, April 2,
2011 from 12-1:30PM at the ECO City Farm (4913 Crittenden St.
Edmonston, MD 20781) for a discussion about the design of a mural to
be implemented on Kenilworth Avenue this spring.  A light, mostly
local, healthy lunch will be served.

Please find a flyer attached with the project logo and a few
details.  Forward along!

We look forward to hearing your ideas.  RSVP appreciated!

peace,
sonia keiner
Poetic Images
443.253.6570

Margaret Morgan-Hubbard
ECO City Farms
www.ecoffshoots.org

Matthew Gifford
Muralist

A charrette (pronounced [shuh-ret], often Anglicized to charette and
sometimes called a design charrette) consists of an intense period
ofdesign activity.  In fields of design such as architecture,
landscape architecture, industrial design, interior design, or
graphic design, the term charrette may refer to an intense period of
work by one person or a group of people prior to a deadline. The
period of a charrette typically involves both focused and sustained
effort. The word "charrette" may also be used as a verb, as in, for
example, "I am charretting" or "I am on charrette [or: en
charrette]," simply meaning I am working long nights, intensively
toward a deadline.
Dannielle Glaros
dmglaros at gmail.com