[RP TownTalk] PG Animal shelter

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Sun May 15 23:37:47 UTC 2011

I'm glad Audrey's experience was a good one.  Yes, the facility is  bright
and shiny and new but the kill rate in that shelter is very, very  high.
Needlessly high.

Everyone, please think long and hard about bringing dogs and cats to that
facility.  If brought there, it only has about a 30% chance of making it
out alive.  We have demanded, and received, their shelter statistics from
which this statistic is determined.  And with "better shelters" achieving a
much higher save rate, PG's rate is abysmal.

Just in case anyone else comes across a baby possum in the future, keep in
mind the shelter does have the option to kill it, and, judging by the
euthanasia  records I have recently reviewed, they do so often.

Just keeping it real

Adrianne Lefkowitz

Message:  2