[RP TownTalk] Native Plant Sale - Thank you (and an apology)

Bart Lawrence bartkathleen at hotmail.com
Tue May 17 15:55:26 UTC 2011

I want to thank everyone who showed up and helped make our Native Plant Sale an enormous success and to apologize to anyone who might have been disappointed by how quickly we sold out of plants, especially those who travelled from out of town. Please understand that this was just our second annual native plant sale, and we're learning as we go. We are a small volunteer organization with a small budget, so purchasing the plants outright, as we had to do, carries a risk. We were please, surprised, and overwhelmed by the public's response to this year's sale. By mid-morning on Saturday, we had sold nearly twice as much as our first year and, had we known, could have sold much more. We will take everything that happened this year into consideration and do our best next year to hold a sale that will make everyone happy.
Again, please accept my thanks and my apologies.
Bart Lawrence
President, Hyattsville Elementary School PTA