[RP TownTalk] Lego robot event this weekend

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:50:27 UTC 2011

Friends,

I need a few extra volunteers and laptops to handle the kids we
expect this Saturday at the Lego event.  Please let me know if you
have a computer to borrow or are able to volunteer.  Helpers with
spanish-speaking skills appreciated.

More details on event are below....Drop-ins are appreciated, but
RSVPs are helpful for planning purposes.

Do you want to become an engineer?

      Do you love building things with Lego’s?

  Do you want to learn how to build robots?

The Town of Riverdale Park will be partnering with Prince George’s
County 4-H Youth Development Program to host a free interactive
robotics workshop for students on May 21, 2011 at 1pm-3pm at the
Riverdale Park Town Hall in Riverdale, Maryland.

Students will discover the wonderful world of Science, Technology,
Engineering, and Math and the programs that    4-H has to offer, in
addition to building and programming a robot, using NXT Mindstorms®
technology

When: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 1pm-3pm
Where: Riverdale Park Town Hall, 5008 Queensbury Road
Why: To teach students how to use Lego WeDo and Mindstorms
technology.  Great for ages 4-teens.  An adult must be present with
all kids under 10.
How to register: Contact Dannielle Glaros, 301-779-5915 or
dmglaros at gmail.com

Dannielle Glaros
dmglaros at gmail.com