[RP TownTalk] Dancing & December Diversions at Riversdale

Ferris, Samantha Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Tue Nov 1 18:35:56 UTC 2011

Hello!

As the holidays creep up, it seems things get busier and busier and it's no different at Riversdale! We've got some great programs coming up that will keep you occupied straight through to 2012! This Saturday, November 5, the Goucher College dance history troupe is presenting Choregraphie Antique, a reconstruction of dances popular during Federal-era Washington. If you rewind your Jane Austen movies just to watch the ball scenes again, this is the event for you! Tickets are $20 and can be purchased at the door. The next day have some FREE fun and stop by the dependency kitchen , where the Riversdale Kitchen Guild prepares a Harvest Feast from noon-3:30pm. They'll be back in action on November 20, Preparing for Winter.

With December comes two of our most popular events. Sint Niklaas, the Flemish forerunner of our modern Santa Claus, invites children ages 3-10 for breakfast. Enjoy a Belgian-inspired meal and receive a gift bag! You can choose from the 9am or 11am seating on Saturday, December 3. This program is sure to sell out, so check your calendars and get your registrations in early! All registrations are required by November 23 and the cost is $9 per child and $5 per adult for residents of Prince George's County.

Stay tuned for info about our annual Calverts by Candlelight on Friday, December 30 and 12th Night Ball on Saturday, January 14.

If you have any questions or to sign up for a program, please call us at 301.864.0420.

We'll see you soon!

Sam

Samantha Ferris
Education Coordinator
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com<mailto:Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com> / www.pgparks.com<http://www.pgparks.com/>
301.864.0420 / fax 301.927.3498