[RP TownTalk] Fwd: wonderful piano teacher has slots open

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 17:21:26 UTC 2011

This is it, I think!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sarah Wayland <sarah.wayland at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:11 AM
Subject: wonderful piano teacher has slots open
To: TownTalk <towntalk at riverdale-park.org>

Hi fellow Riverdale Parkians,

My son's fabulous piano teacher has slots in her teaching schedule. If
you need a fun and gentle teacher, she's been just terrific for my
oldest son. Here's some information about her. And feel free to
contact me off list if you want to hear more about what it's like to
work with her.

----

My name is Grace Luo and I have been teaching piano lessons in the
College Park/DC area since 2008. I graduated with a Bachelor of Music
from the University of Michigan in 2008 and a Master of Music from the
University of Maryland in 2010. I serve on the piano faculty at the
International School of Music in Bethesda in addition to maintaining a
private studio at my home in College Park (near the MOM, just off of
Rhode Island). In addition, I have worked as a freelance accompanist
and ensemble pianist since 2003. I am also a member of MTNA (Music
Teachers National Association) and MSMTA (Maryland State Music
Teachers Association).

I believe that music is something that anyone can learn, appreciate,
and love anytime. Piano lessons are one way in which you can become
involved in the process of making music and expressing your ideas and
thoughts to others. It is as much a personal craft as it is a social
art form, and regardless of what your ultimate goals are, you can have
fun while acquiring a new set of skills and artistry.

I have worked with students of all ages and backgrounds, and enjoy
teaching anyone who comes into the lesson with a positive attitude and
an aptitude for learning! Through our piano lessons, you will not only
learn basic piano technique, but how to "sing" at the piano, create an
atmosphere through your playing, and in essence, develop a musical ear
and your unique artistic style.

If you are interested in taking piano lessons, I would love to hear
from you. You can reach me by phone: 240.863.8724 or email:
gracie at umd.edu. I have lesson times on weekday afternoons (3-6pm) as
well as weekend mornings and early afternoons (10am-3pm).

---

--
Sarah Wayland
sarah.wayland at gmail.com