[RP TownTalk] A sweet story about Hyattsville's little-known role in the early history of Rock & Roll

Chris Currie crcurrie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 15:41:54 UTC 2011

Due to illness and travel, I wasn't able to send this month my usual
synopsis of the current issue of the *Hyattsville Life and Times*.

But I would hate for folks to miss Hugh Turley's column about the
Hyattsville Armory, Dick Clark rival Milt Grant, Bobby Darin, and a local
girl who experienced a night she'd never forget:

http://issuu.com/hyattsvillelifeandtimes/docs/2011-11final

Route 1 in Hyattsville in 1958 was at the intersection of the hopes and
dreams of many a young Washingtonian, and for one aspiring teenager from
the Bronx, his launch into stardom and Rock & Roll history.

Chris Currie
Hyattsville