[RP TownTalk] FW: Don't miss the Extravaganza THIS Saturday - DC Lady Arm Wrestlers, food, prizes, adult beverages, and more

Drena Galarza djgal97 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 01:03:43 UTC 2011

This looks interesting and fun!  Anyone going?  -Drena
 Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 20:49:24 -0400
From: ruthie at communityforklift.com
To: djgal97 at hotmail.com
Subject: Don't miss the Extravaganza THIS Saturday - DC Lady Arm Wrestlers, food, prizes, adult beverages,and more

Trouble viewing this message or the pictures?
Click here.
You're receiving this email because you have indicated that you are a Forklift Fan.  Please confirm your continued interest in receiving email from us.  To ensure that you continue to receive emails from us, add info at communityforklift.com to your address book now.  You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.

Reminder - We're gonna have a wild night at the warehouse on Saturday!
(There's even a free shuttle from the metro)

34,000 sq. ft. of Low-Cost Building Materials
www.CommunityForklift.com  / 301-985-5180
A project of Sustainable Community Initiatives

            In this newsletter...

            We're closing early on Saturday to get ready

            Round up your friends!  Buy your tickets!  Hurry!

            FREE SHUTTLE from the Metro!

            Are you kind of a big deal?

            Meet Motown Mama

            These people rock!

            The Contenders

            Not too late to donate a silent auction prize

 *********
Closing Early
This Saturday!
We will be closing the store at 3pm this Saturday, Oct. 22nd to set up for the Fundraising Extravaganza.  If you have a donation of materials, please arrive no later than 2:30pm.  Thanks!

 *********
Hurry!
 Round up friends!
Buy your tickets!

The Extravaganza is THIS Saturday!

It's gonna be our best party yet, featuring:

The DC Lady Arm Wrestlers,
Eat Wonky food truck,
DJ One HeART Muzik,
DJ Booger,
a cash bar, &
$5,000 worth of silent auction prizes!

Standing-room tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door.  There are also just a few $25 VIP ringside seats left. Click here to purchase tickets.

(Feeling poor?  Volunteer this week or during the party, and you'll get in for free - contact Ruthie immediately at 301-904-7579 to sign up).

Credit cards will be accepted for the food truck & silent auction - but don't forget to bring cash for betting and beverages!

The Extravaganza will be held at the Community Forklift warehouse (4671 Tanglewood Drive, Edmonston/Hyattsville MD).  DJ Booger and DJ One Heart Muzik will keep you pumped, and the cash bar will feature beer, wine and liquor (Attendees must be 21 and up).  The Eat Wonky Food truck will be offering their famous hotdogs and grilled cheese sandwiches.

The auction will include some great restaurant meals, theatre tickets, and weekend getaways.  But we've also got cool stuff like gift certificates for tattoos, jewelry made from recycled computer parts, and dinner for two served on the roof-deck of a green home with a living roof and solar panels.
Proceeds will help us increase reuse in the DC area (We're trying to raise money to buy & improve our warehouse, we want to do more outreach to builders, and we hope to get a second truck for picking up donations at construction sites.)

 *********
Free shuttle to the Metro!

Check out the great article in last Sunday's Times! (Barbara L. Salisbury/The Washington Times)

We know we have Forklift Fans coming from Capitol Hill, the H Street neighborhood, and all over the metro region.  We also know that it's no fun to drive on a Saturday night (particularly if you wanna enjoy the drinks at the cash bar).

Therefore, from 6:45 pm to 11 pm, we will have a free shuttle running every 15-20 minutes between Community Forklift and the Cheverly Metro station on the orange line.  Grab some friends and hop aboard!

 *********
Are you kind of a big deal?

Or maybe even a moderate deal?  Has your name ever been in the paper?  Well, now is not the time to be modest.

There is a society reporter who would like to cover the Extravaganza... but we need to have a few people "of note" in attendance.

We think all of our Forklift Fans are VIPs.  But perhaps some of you are actual Beltway celebrities, and we just don't know because you wear grubby jeans when you visit?

Local business owners, noted wonks, acclaimed artists, athletes, known treehuggers, government officials, beautiful people, and other muckety-mucks:
Don't be shy!
Use your fame (or notoriety?) for a good cause - just contact Ruthie immediately at 301-904-7579.

Not even a D-Lister?  Come on, this is the Washington area - I bet you've got a semi-famous friend you can invite!

 *********
Meet Motown Mama

Motown Mama's momma was none other than Rosie the Riveter, and her daddy was scandalously rumoured to be old John Henry, himself.

Our very own Reuse Associate,
Kitty Stewart, has jumped into the competition.  Check out her impressive bio, then come out and root for the Forklift Favorite!

Sales Manager Freddy Huffins is her trainer (they got matching sweatshirts to make it official).  He says, "Some of the other D/CLAW wrestlers are younger, but we figure the power of Motown will pull her through - that, and her amazing guns and attitude!"

Schedule
We're open:
Wed & Th 10-8
Fri, Sat, & Sun 9-6
(Closed on Mondays & Tuesdays).

Note that we will close at 3 pm this Saturday, Oct. 22nd to prepare for our Extravaganza.

Also, we will be switching to shorter winter hours soon - please keep an eye out for the announcement.

******
Visit us!

4671 Tanglewood Dr, Edmonston MD 20781
301-985-5180

We're in the Hyattsville area, just 5 minutes from the DC line.

Please visit our website for:

a map and directions to our store,

to learn how to
donate building materials,

or to support our work with a financial contribution.

****** Motown Mama says...

"Don't be a schmuck - advance tickets are only ten bucks!!"

******
 These People Rock

Big thanks to the folks making this possible:

* DJ One HeART Muzik & DJ Booger

* Dave McDuff & Sue Murray, Bartenders

* Curtis Stoltzfus, AV Production Services

* Special thanks to the graphic designer
with the best mustache in DC:
Robb Stout of

******
The Contenders

D/CLAW is posting wrestler stats on their blog - do your research to figure out who to place your bet on!

Here is a taste:

Eve of Destruction
Contrary to popular myth, Eve was not conceived out of some lame man's rib. Rather, she was the result of a contained nuclear explosion...

Bellatrix Lestrong
Best not to be near the jail when this prison dame makes a break.  Known for her wild-eyed stare and wilder hair, she who cannot be tamed is back...

******
Can you donate a silent auction prize?

Get a tax deduction, and do some good:  There are still a few days left to donate prize items, artwork, gift certificates, or services to our silent auction.  Drop off the prize (along with your contact info!) at the store by Friday, or contact Christine McCoy ASAP at RecycleGal(at)hotmail.com, or 202-246-0163.

Forward email

This email was sent to djgal97 at hotmail.com by ruthie at communityforklift.com  |
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™  |  Privacy Policy.

Community Forklift, A Project of SCI | 4671 Tanglewood Drive | Edmonston | MD | 20781