[RP TownTalk] Bad weather and road closures

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 17:50:58 UTC 2011

Saw a news alert a few minutes ago that there are lots of road closures in the area due to all of the rain we've been having.  Please be careful out there and allow for extra time in your commute in case you have to detour due to flooded roads.    This was the info I received;

The National Weather Service is reporting that at least a portion of the Capital Beltway near the US-50 interchange in Prince George's County is flooded.
Affected roadways in D.C. include the 9th Street Tunnel ramp to 6th Street NW, the HOV lane on the inbound 14th Street Bridge and the intersection of 9th Street and Constitution Avenue NW.
DDOT is also saying that the southbound 9th Street Tunnel is closed at Independence Avenue SE due to flooding.
Prince George's County Police report Paint Branch Drive and Technology Drive in College Park is closed due to flooding. Flooding is also reported on Tucker Street in Beltsville and Ritchie Road closed at Old Ritchie Road due to flooding in Landover.