[RP TownTalk] parking at EYA

Bart Lawrence bartkathleen at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:16:44 UTC 2011

Though a parking structure might be necessary, the city needs to address this problem however it can so that additional parking is available immediately. I also had trouble finding a parking spot 9 days ago when trying to duck into YOM and Mr. West wasn't in town.
Chris, my concern is that "overflow parking" will be be to turn around and go home (or to MOM's in College Park). Someone driving from Laurel for a meal at BB&P isn't going to drive around Hyattsville looking for parking. They're more likely to troll the lot until a spot opens and then the next time they consider venturing to Hyattsville for a meal, they'll remember the extra 10 minutes (and the associated frustration) of searching for a parking space and maybe reconsider the visit. Then again, if people stop coming, there will be ample parking.
It's my understanding that there are city lots toward the rear of the Castle/Crossover Church that abut Crossover's lot, and the city is working to hash out the logistics of this parking area. I hope that arranging safe and convenient parking with sufficient signage is one of the city's (and council's) top priorities. And, yes, more bike racks would be nice, especially near YOM's entrance.
Bart Lawrence
Hyattsville, MD