[RP TownTalk] [RP Town Announce] Legislative Meeting Agenda

Lou King lking at knob.com
Sun Apr 1 17:37:05 UTC 2012

Without guidance, on review of my comments I find two phrases that may
be considered to not comply with the decorum of this list.

1.  "Although your choice of words (and emphases) seems to me to be
inflammatory,..."

I did try to point to the words, change in fount and size, not the
speaker nor the view expressed as being inflammatory _in my opinion_.

2. "Those of us that have been paying attention..."

I agree, there is a strong inference that some may not been paying
attention. In my defense, last Monday by the time the subject raised
here came up, I was the only Riverdale Park resident still observing the
Working Session. That is not to overlook the Fourth Estate who also was
present recording events to the final word. (Admittedly I don't know
where the reporter lives so my singularity my be over stated.)

Neither should we overlook that earlier in the evening there were
several residents at the Working Session. They were there to hear
briefings(3) on topics like the Purple Line. Residents were also there
to express their views during the Special Legislative Session related to
changes to the MARC schedule. The MARC representative did take notes.

The addition of a Youth and Community Wing to Town Hall is nothing new.
  The need has been recognized and in the public record for more than
five years.  For example when the sound system used for Council
meetings, etc. was upgraded several years ago, the anticipated expansion
was taken into consideration.

All said and done if members of this group feel I have attacked an other
list member, I will try to more respectfully disagree and more politely
request changes in behavior. Truly my intent is not to "flame."

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org