[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park History To Be Observed in Friday Ceremony ...

Jeffrey Yorke yorkedial at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 12:51:17 UTC 2012

Riverdale Park Council Member Jonathan Ebbeler has been working tirelessly
with the Cafritz family to have them donate one of the original property
boundary markers for the Riversdale Mansion, aka Riversdale House Museum.
As you may know, the land the Cafritz family has owned since 1958 is
expected to be the future home to the first Whole Foods in Prince George’s
County. The rezoning application was approved unanimously by the Prince
George’s Planning Board in February and is going before the County Council
sitting as the District Council on April 11th.

**

"I am especially encouraged and grateful to Jane and Calvin Cafritz and
their entire development team in being so responsive and respectful to the
historic preservation of archaeological artifacts that have enormous
relevance to the history of the area and our town, said Ebbeler on
Thursday.

A brief dedication/gifting ceremony will be held in Riverdale Park at the
Riversdale House Museum at approximately 3pm on Friday April 6th.  The
public is welcome to attend.

Council Member Ebbeler can be reached in his office at 301-927-6381 or
mobil, 404-626-2082.

**