[RP TownTalk] [RP Town Announce] Updated schedule of meetings and events, April 18, 2012

Alan K. Thompson akthompson at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Thu Apr 19 01:18:45 UTC 2012

Kate,

The agenda is still being discussed (and can be changed at the meeting) but
Ordinance 2012-OR-05 is the reason for calling the special legislative
session.  I will be introducing this ordinance to enable refinancing of the
Town's debt to take advantage of currently-available low interest rates and
save the Town money.  We are doing this at a special legislative session to
meet a tight schedule for paying off the old bonds -- if we don't pay it
off in May, we have to wait until November to do so.

Best regards,

Alan Thompson
Ward 2 Town Council Representative and Finance Committee Chair