[RP TownTalk] ArtsFest2012: Wayne Brown & 2nd Conspiracy, Brulee Back For ArtsFest on May 6 at Town Center

RP Arts Council rpartscouncil at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 20:02:21 UTC 2012

* *

[image: rp-letterhead-v02b]**

*Contact: Emily Fanning*

* **301-864-5561 or OurDollMom at aol.com***

* *

*ArtsFest2012***

*Wayne Brown & 2nd Conspiracy, Brulee Return To Town Center*

*WTOP-FM’s David Burd Will Emcee May 6 Event*

*
*

*RIVERDALE PARK, MD., February 17, 2012* – ArtsFest2012, the fifth annual
arts and music festival set for Sunday, May 6, 11 am to 6 pm in Town
Center, presented by the Riverdale Park Arts Council, will feature more
than three dozen artists and vendors along with a handful of musical
groups. **

Returning to the RPAC soundstage will be Oldies band Wayne Brown & 2nd
Conspiracy, bassist Andrew Brown and the jazz-infused, Americana-marinated
Alternative-Pop Brulee. Troubadour Eduardo Sanchez returns with a
reconstituted six-member troop playing authentic, upbeat regional Mexican
rhythm. One String Willie returns with string instrument-making
workshopsmembers of the Archie Edwards Blues Heritage Foundation
perform throughout
the day.

All News WTOP-FM personality David Burd will again emcee the day’s events
delivering interviews with artists, musicians and local notables.

A Feb. 12 article in *The Washington Post* cited Burd, a 28-year Washington
radio legend, for his “wit and personality,” a rare but welcomed trait at
an All-News radio station. **

Chris Benjamin, who comes from a long line of railroad men and who is
Riverdale Park’s chief model railroad enthusiast, will have several sets of
trains operating on a near-100-foot course.

ArtsFest2011 attracted 650 festival goers who took advantage of the wide
variety of artist’s unique wares, getting great deals in advance of
Mother’s Day. And many attendees danced to lively musical performances
until the sunset.

Even the artists had fun.

“As usual I loved it. The location is excellent,” artist Australia Worsley
said after last year’s festival. “Of all things, I hope that you do not
change that. The volunteers are always friendly and helpful. As a vendor, I
look forward to always coming back, so do my family and friends. They love
it. And I get a chance to meet a lot of great people.”

Mark your calendars now for Sunday, May 6, 11 am to 6 pm in Town Center.
There are a number of high-profile sponsorship opportunities for
businesses, schools and non-profit organizations so contact Director of
Sponsorships, Tracey Toscano at 301-706-5706, or traceyjt at gmail.com

Artists and vendors interested in participating in ArtsFest2012 can get
information about signing on at www.rpartscouncil.org, or email* *
RPArtsCouncil at gmail.com.

- 30 -

*Calendar Note*

*What:* ArtsFest2012, RPAC's 5th Annual ArtsFest

*When:* Sunday, May 6, 11 am to 6 pm

*What:* Nearly 40 Artists, Artisans, Vendors, Diverse Musical Acts

*Where:* Riverdale Park’s Town Center at MARC Station

*Why:* ‘Cause It’s A Lot of Fun