[RP TownTalk] Berwyn Heights Presidents Day event

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:00:21 UTC 2012

February 19th,  Berwyn Heights Town Center.

The Historical Association of Riverdale Park  would like to thank everyone, including Mayor Cheye Calvo, who came out and supported  the Berwyn Heights'  President's Day Wine and Cheese event that featured " Images of America: Riverdale Park".

The event featured a short film about the history of Riverdale Park and included a book signing.

The event was sponsored by the wonderful Berwyn Heights Historical Committee which presented a lovely buffet and several raffled items for the guests attending.

ATHA Executive Director Aaron Marcavitch attended and provided information about the War of 1812 activities as well as future Civil War presentations.

Local and Federal preservationists attended with great interest in the rapidly changing decisions occurring in our communities.

We are especially glad to have the opportunity to be involved with a joint community event that strengthens the bonds across town borders and helps the citizens express common interests in these changing times.

Melissa Avery
President
Historical Association of Riverdale Park (HARP)