[RP TownTalk] Fundraiser for Childhhod Cancer

Stephen C. Lamphier lamphs at aol.com
Wed Feb 29 23:28:28 UTC 2012

The Riverdale Fire Department is posting this as a sponsor of Nova and Jay Johns.  Nova, as many of you know, has chaired Riverdale Park Day event for at least two years, as well as being an active volunteer at your VFD.  Steve Lamphier, President

Dear Friends,
I am part of a Team that is going to do something pretty extreme, and we are asking for your support. Members of
my Team will be having their head shaved at a St. Baldrick's Foundation event on Saturday March 10th at
Looney's Pub in College Park, Maryland.
With their bald heads, they will stand in solidarity with kids being treated for cancer while raising money for lifesaving
research.
I ask that you make a donation to help me reach my goal of $2,000, and watch us "Shaving the Way to Conquer
Kids' Cancer!" This is a fun way to do something very important. I am part of team "RV7FD" (Riverdale Volunteer
Fire Department), and if we reach our team goal of $5,000, a female volunteer has vouched to change her status
from "volunteer" to "shavee" and have her hair shaved off too!
You can give directly online to my page (http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/505664/2012), the team’s
page (http://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/mypage/73230/2012), in person, or by phone at 888-899-BALD. Credit
cards are the most efficient way to give, or you can write a check payable to "St. Baldrick's Foundation." I'll be
collecting pledges! To see a list of my donors, fundraising progress, and "before" and "after" photos, visit the
team's page on the St. Baldrick's website or follow us at www.facebook.com/RV7FD. Please feel to contact me if
you have any questions or would like to join our team!
St. Baldrick's funds more in grants for childhood cancer research than any other organization except the U.S.
government. Last year, the Foundation has funded nearly $22 million in new grants - all because over 45,000
people shaved their heads!
You can count on this donation being used responsibly. To see all the research being funded - by disease type,
location and more - visit www.StBaldricks.org click on "Where the Money Goes," then "View Grants."
On behalf of some very special kids, thank you for your support!
Sincerely,
Nova Johns
Team Volunteer
301-648-1665