[RP TownTalk] mandatory water restrictions continue

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 13:47:17 UTC 2012

>From the WSSC website. Please let your neighbors know if they don't already.

*** 9:00 AM Update - July 1, 2012***

Mandatory Water Restrictions Continue For All WSSC Customers
System Responding Well – Being Evaluated

Contact:
I.J. Hudson
ihudson at wsscwater.com

Lyn Riggins
lriggin at wsscwater.com

 After Hours (Media Inquiries Only)
(301) 312-1468

After Hours (Customer Emergencies)
(301) 206-4002

Laurel –July 1, 2012 - 9:00 AM Update: Mandatory water restrictions
remain in place for all Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC)
customers, residential and commercial in Montgomery and Prince
George’s counties.

Power has been restored to WSSC’s water filtration plants, and
although we still face challenges in moving water through the
distribution system, the system is responding well.

WSSC will evaluate its ability to produce and distribute enough water
to meet expected demands during another extremely hot day.  We also
want to ensure we have sufficient reserves to maintain pressure at the
hydrants for fire protection.  WSSC will make a decision mid-day
whether to continue or lift water restrictions.

WSSC’s water is safe to drink, and customers should not be
experiencing low water pressure.  However, it is imperative all
customers continue to follow the mandatory water restrictions.

Customers need to:

    Stop all outside water use – no watering lawns, shrubs, flowers;
no washing cars, no topping off swimming pools
    Use water only as necessary – i.e., shorter showers and turn off
faucets after washing hands
    Limit flushing toilets (do not flush after every use)
    Postpone using washing machines and dishwashers.

These mandatory water restrictions apply to all WSSC customers,
commercial and residential, in Prince George’s and Montgomery
counties.

WSSC will provide updates through the local media and through
www.wsscwater.com until mandatory restrictions are no longer
necessary.

We understand the water restrictions are an inconvenience for our
customers during this extremely hot weather. We appreciate your
patience and cooperation.

--
Sarah Wayland
sarah.wayland at gmail.com