[RP TownTalk] District Council to Vote on Cafritz, Monday, July 9, in Upper Marlboro

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
Thu Jul 5 19:07:49 UTC 2012

How exactly are 2000+ cars that will be residing in the new development going to commute from the Cafritz property to Rt.1?
What about the cars that will be commuting the the shopping area and the hotel?
What about the employees of those businesses?
What about the safety issues of crossing the street?
There isn't even a safe way to cross from Town Center to the new Town Center Market on foot.
Any one who has  lived full time in the area, tried  to walk around town, use public transportation, taken the mark train, should  understand how inadequate the existing  pedestrian crossings are.
maybe if the MUTC board walked  around town at different times of the day and did their own study they would have some understanding of the problem.
The RT.1 intersection is scary bad, so is the Queesbury crossing. Until that is addressed, it is insane to invite any more traffic to the area.