[RP TownTalk] Cafritz Vote

Jonathan W. Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Wed Jul 11 16:45:53 UTC 2012

Melissa-

Can I ask a very basic question here?  I am really struggling to understand
your point of view and why you have concluded what you have.  I say this in
all sincerity because from several people's postings it appears that at a
very basic level some feel disenfranchised.  I think it is fair to
understand how and why that happened and if anything can be done to address
this.

What do you feel the Council should have done that it did not in terms of
asking for public opinion?

What public opinion, facts etc. do you believe the Council should have
considered but did not?

Jonathan

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
<mailto:towntalk%40riverdale-park.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BRP%20TownTalk%5D%20
Cafritz%20Vote&In-Reply-To=%3C1342023179.56952.YahooMailNeo%40web121503.mail
.ne1.yahoo.com%3E>
Wed Jul 11 16:12:59 UTC 2012

Very true, But the public was either not allowed to speak or when they spoke
they were told thank you for your opinion, and then the council would vote
unanimously as they seemed to have agreed upon before the meeting.  no
considering any public opinion, facts or any thing  that was contrary to
there will.

I in fact was told, It's going to happen , so just accept it.

This happens on all issues with this current town council. The asking for
input from citizens is a  formality that is in the town charter, there for
must be followed. weighing that input is never taken into consideration by
the council if it differs from the Mayor and town councils will.

The Cafritz development should have been a referendum, something the entire
town voted on, not something the town council made decisions about behind
closed doors.