[RP TownTalk] EYA in Hyattsville

Lou King lking at knob.com
Wed Jul 11 18:21:51 UTC 2012

Yes there are other location that could be developed.
The question is "Does anyone with the money to develop those
properties/land want to make the investment?"

The answer seems to be no. I surely don't know why; The property owners
can't afford to make the investment? Investors can't make a deal with
the property owner? Those with money or credit don't think the return on
their investment is worth the risk? Existing building are in the wrong
place (that is maybe why they are empty)? The time is not right?

We can all speculate as to why others do or don't spend/invest their
money the way "we" think they should, but it is just that, speculation.

Without speculation, we know that the owner of the property just rezoned
has the money/credit to make an investment in the community. That does
not seem to be the case in other locations for what ever reason.

In light of, because of, in spite of, surely with the knowledge of the
Cafritz development, the locally owned market in Town Center has
invested their family's money to expand (This after being told NO to
other expansion proposals).

Perhaps, with the leadership shown by these two, others will decide now
is the time, Riverdale Park is the place, to invest their money.

I for one hope that is true. We can wish all we want. But working to
make the local economy, political, public environment, welcoming to
investors will make those wishes/dream come true.

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org