[RP TownTalk] Apartment building condemned

Alan K. Thompson twacks at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 20:59:19 UTC 2012

I just spoke with Police Chief Morris, who briefed me on the situation.
 The building was declared unfit for human habitation, but the evacuation
order was voluntary, not mandatory, so the residents had some time to
gather belongings.  Chief Morris told me that to the best of his knowledge
all residents had decided to comply with the order.

Code Enforcement Manager Colleen Ferguson is checking in on any
humanitarian needs and will let me know as soon as she has feedback.  I
believe that the County department of social services and the American Red
Cross are coordinating the shelter, so the basic needs you mention will be
covered.

Alan Thompson
Acting Mayor