[RP TownTalk] Calvert Cemetery

Bruce Wernek bruce.wernek at verizon.net
Sat Jul 21 21:59:38 UTC 2012

Vern

Thanks for the heads up.

Bruce

From: Vernon Archer [mailto:varcher at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:04 PM
To: Bruce Wernek
Cc: TownTalk
Subject: Re: [RP TownTalk] Calvert Cemetery

Bruce,

The area outside the fence is the concern of our public works and we will
act promptly to clean up the problems you mention.  I received word from
Director Addison last Wednesday that all storm related debris had been
cleared and the department would return to routine work items that had been
suspended due to the storm cleanup.

Riversdale Historical Society is responsible for maintaining inside the
fence. I'll pass on your concern.

Of interest to this question, the town took over responsibility for work
outside of the actual cemetery fence last May due in large part to the
Historical Society having aged quite a bit and they no longer were able to
field volunteers both able bodied and interested in this site.  If you or
anyone you know would like to volunteer in this area you can reach them via:

http://history.pgparks.com/sites_and_museums/Riversdale_House_Museum/Get_Inv
olved.htm

Best wishes,

Vern