[RP TownTalk] Town Talk and Town Announce

Chris Currie crcurrie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 13:55:33 UTC 2012

The question was asked yesterday in this thread and I didn't see it
answered as I skimmed through the daily digest:  Does Hyattsville have
separate lists for town discussion and municipal announcements?

is announcement-only and run by the city government.  (I started it many
years ago when I was on the City Council.)  It has 912 members.

started by a one-time environmental and civic group of the same name, and
survives as a community discussion forum.  It has 852 members.

It might be instructive to compare the membership lists of both Riverdale
Park listservs and see how much overlap there is.  If there are a
significant number of people who don't subscribe to both, it might be
worthwhile to keep them separate.

The Hyattsville city government does not post announcements to the HOPE
listserv.  If Riverdale Park keeps its lists separate, that's perhaps
something the town government might consider.  Then the two lists do serve
two discrete needs.

Chris Currie
Hyattsville