[RP TownTalk] Mini-Grants for cultural, historical or natural resources groups.

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 19:51:46 UTC 2012

Do you know of an organization that works in the historical, cultural, or natural resources fields? Could up to $2500 help get a project off the ground?  We might have a matching grant program that would fit those projects.
Maryland Milestones/ATHA Inc.'s mini-grant program is designed to provide seed funding for innovative exhibits, tours, planning and projects which build upon interpretive themes identified in ATHA’s Management Plan.  Projects should seek to attract cultural heritage tourists to the region.  Details about the Management Plan are found on www.anacostiatrails.org.

Examples of eligible projects include:
neighborhood driving/walking tours
maps and interpretive brochures
exhibits
marketing support
minor repairs and maintenance issues

ATHA Inc.’s mini-grant program does not fund events or “one day” programs

Review criteria for grant awards:
a.	Consistent with interpretive themes and/or suggested programs and projects in the ATHA Management Plan;
b.Include collaborative partnerships;
c.	Enhance heritage tourism and encourage increased visitation in to the area;
e.	Leverage other funding; and/or
f.	Demonstrate ability of applicant to initiate, administer & complete project within proposed timeframe.

We also look for projects that establish initiatives to further the commemoration of the War of 1812, but this is for bonus points, not the base review.
Please check out the very simple online application: http://www.anacostiatrails.org/mini-grant-application
If you have questions, please email me at aaron at marylandmilestones.org