[RP TownTalk] Curators & Chanteymen at Riversdale!

Ferris, Samantha Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Mon Mar 5 21:49:58 UTC 2012

Hello! I hope you are all doing well and wanted to let you know that registration deadlines for two of Riversdale's most popular programs are fast-approaching. If you're interested in either program, please call Riversdale at 301.864.0420 or email me at samantha.ferris at pgparks.com and we'll get you signed up!

We're bringing our Hands-on History series out of the past and into the present on Friday, March 30 for the Curator's Apprentice. Our education staff is really excited about this one! Kids 8-12 will create a reproduction craft from our collection, curate their own exhibit, do a hands-on activity with the museum's curator and collections manager, and even take a behind-the-scenes tour of the museum! Participants will check out places even most adults don't get to see!
Spaces are filling up and registration is required by March 16.  $15/residents of Prince George's & Montgomery & $18/non-resident friends.

Later this spring, Ship's Company comes to Riversdale once again to regale guests with sea shanties and merriment during our annual Tavern Night on April 14. Guests 21 & over, come for good food (the menu tavern-style food inspired by period recipes chosen by our foodways historian!) and good company. This year, we're happy to have Franklin's on board - Brewmaster Mike Roy will be providing historically-inspired beverages for the evening. As always, this event is steadily selling out and reservations are required by March 30. $22/residents & $27/non-residents.

Stay tuned for:
Tuesday, April 10 - Lecture: The War of 1812 in Maryland
Seasonal Selections programs

That's all, folks! We'll see you soon!

Cheers,
Samantha

Samantha Ferris
Education Coordinator
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com<mailto:Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com> / www.pgparks.com<http://www.pgparks.com/>
301.864.0420 / fax 301.927.3498
Sign up for Riversdale's e-list!<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=rx4axyiab&p=oi&m=1108931018481>