[RP TownTalk] NOTE TO ANYONE WHO RIDES THE MARC TRAINS, EVER [WAS Re: Schedule of Meetings and Events, as of 3-22-12

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 18:13:14 UTC 2012

PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU EVER RIDE THE MARC TRAINS

There is a petition to sign - you can find it inside the Riverdale station,
or contact me and I'll bring it to you so you can sign it.

Why? RE The new MARC train schedule which was recently announced and is to
take effect on April 2nd.  Times for all the trains that stop here have
been changed - morning trains to Union Station will be leaving 2 - 7
minutes earlier, and the evening trains from Union Station will be arriving
4 - 10 minutes later.  That may be good for some folks, not so good for
others.  The outrageous part is that for all those morning trains, MARC has
stuck an "L" code for Riverdale, where "L" means "trains may depart 5
minutes early."  That's right. There's a schedule, but you officially
cannot rely on it - you have to come 5 minutes early or they can't be held
accountable for leaving you at the station. You can see where we the
commuters fit in their priorities!

That's what the petition is about - demanding that MARC rescind this
ridiculous trains-may-leave-early clause in the timetable. And that is why
the special session has been called on Monday -- thank you, Mr Mayor, and
fellow-rider Councilman Ebbeler!!

Dwight Holmes