[RP TownTalk] The Calvert House restaurant is "OPEN" for business!!

novella sargusingh msnovella50 at hotmail.com
Sat May 12 01:29:37 UTC 2012

Hello All:
Thanks Ron for the update, I appreciate the info. on new places to eat in Riverdale Park and surrounding jurisdictions.  Speaking of "OPEN" I want to make everyone is aware that The Calvert House which IS OPEN for business, YES THEY ARE OPEN!!!  I paid Freydoun and Susan a visit this pass Monday and told them how much the community wanted them to stay and they should follow the conversation's online.  They were not aware that discussions were going on online, in doing so, I did not expect to end up in tears when listing to their story!!  I encouraged Freydoun to "NOT GIVE UP" and please attend the Legislative Session at Town Hall, poor Fred ask me if that would really make a difference and I told him he must try and find out for sure.  The meeting was over by the time he got there but Freydoun did get a chance to speak with the Police Chief who was willing to meet with him the next day and he brought Ms. Ferguson from Code Enforcement with him.  Our Police Chief told Freydoun that no one wants them to leave town.  I could not agree more, there is no way they should be force to walk away from their business after thirty years over "KARAOKE NIGHT"!! My family and I had lunch at the Calvert House the other day and Freydoun and Susan told me how they were very pleased with the meeting and Ms. Ferguson was going to help him get the right permits etc. to stay in business.  Doing my visit Monday during my visit, Freydoun showed me his licenses and how he spent an entire day at the U & O Office trying to get the right permit and apparently it was not the right one!!  Freydoun's frustration was very apparent so I was very glad that he had a chance to vent. I for one am very glad that the town administration has finally step in to help resolve any problems that they may have from having an appropriate license etc.  In the meantime folks, please try to patronize The Calvert House Inn as soon as you can and as often as possible.  Freydoun and Susan are wonderful people that deserve your support!

Thanks A Million!

Ms. Novella, Director4 STEPS Creative LearningChild Care Services andWard 3 Resident