[RP TownTalk] STREET MURALISTS WANTED FOR STREET ART PROJECTS FOR THE ROUTE 1 CORRIDOR IN THE PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY GATEWAY ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT

Justin Fair jfair at hyattsvillecdc.org
Tue Nov 13 21:10:21 UTC 2012

Neighbors,

Please see the attached requests for qualifications for the Street Art
Initiative for the Route 1 Corridor. Please share with your circles. We are
now accepting submittals. We are referring folks to the Hyattsville CDC
website to download/print the PDF: *
http://www.hyattsvillecdc.org/content/view/235/197/*<http://www.hyattsvillecdc.org/content/view/235/197/>

Additionally, we are also releasing a RFQ for
filmmakers<http://www.hyattsvillecdc.org/content/view/236/1/> today.
I will send it to you separately.

I am also pasting the full street muralists text below:

--
Justin Fair

Economic Development Coordinator

Hyattsville CDC

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact:  Stuart Eisenberg, Hyattsville CDC

(301) 683-8267  eisenberg at hyattsvillecdc.org

STREET MURALISTS WANTED FOR STREET ART PROJECTS FOR THE ROUTE 1 CORRIDOR

IN THE PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY

GATEWAY ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT

Tuesday, November 13th, 2012— The Hyattsville Community Development
Corporation (CDC) is pleased to announce its Street Art Initiative, the
CDC’s newest program designed to match-up property owners in the Gateway
Arts District with area artists and use building exteriors as canvasses to
populate the Arts District with evidence that art lives here. Artists are
invited to respond to the following Request for Qualifications, should they
wish to be considered for the program.

PUBLIC ART - A VISUAL GATEWAY

For years, residents and local business owners along this stretch of the
Route One Corridor have endured blighted buildings, unattractive exteriors
that really constitute unrealized hotspots for creativity. This winter,
Hyattsville CDC will begin recruiting up to twenty interested property
owners or their tenants. Participating property owners will work with a
selected artist from our pool of jury-endorsed street artists to create a
work fitting their interests, as well as the artist’s perspective and
technique to craft a mural which will visually resonate with our
community’s many voices. The program is currently funded through the June
of 2013; a sponsorship package is available.

Visual artists are invited to submit their portfolio materials along with
the other materials as listed below.

View/Print this RFQ online at
http://www.hyattsvillecdc.org/content/view/235/197/

TO INQUIRE

This request for qualifications is due by Friday, December 21, 2012;
notification of acceptance to our pool of artists is anticipated no later
than Friday, January 18, 2013.  Applicants selected by a property or
business owner will be contacted to work with the CDC and property owner on
a prospective timeline and details. Commissions begin at $500.00 per work.
Artists who are 18 and older are encouraged to submit to our listing via
e-mail or via CD/DVD to the following address. This call is open to all
area visual artists, with preference to those who work/live/exhibit in the
Gateway Arts District. Artists already registered on
http://www.MyGatewayArts.org with materials can describe so in their
submissions.

Please send all materials digitally via e-mail or via CD/DVD (if desired,
please provide a SASE):

•           A maximum of 10 images. Past murals are preferred. (79 DPI, 2MB
max per JPG/GIF/TIF/PNG image)

PDF or Word format:

•           Your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address,
and website

•           A one-page résumé or curriculum vitae

•           A one-page artist’s statement

•           At least three current, verifiable references

•           An image listing with your filename, title of artwork, media,
size, and location of mural. Please write your filenames as follows:
imagenumber_lastname_title: i.e. 001_eisenberg_untitled.jpg

PLEASE SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS, QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS TO:

Stuart Eisenberg, Executive Director

Hyattsville CDC

eisenberg at hyattsvillecdc.org

(301) 683-8267