[RP TownTalk] Traffic circle construction on River Road

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:17:56 UTC 2012

 Friends and neighbors,
The town received this update on the construction of the traffic circle on
the corner of River Road and Research Drive. I want to share it with you as
you may want to adjust commuting routes in the upcoming weeks.
Best wishes,
Vern
*__________________________________________________________*
*Traffic Circle Update 9/20/12*

The M Square development team is pleased to report that construction of a
new traffic circle at University Research Court and River Road is moving
into high gear.  It is anticipated that the relocation of public utilities
will be completed next week, allowing   reconstruction of the intersection
to get fully underway.

Construction activity over the coming weeks is planned to take place in two
phases. The first phase following on utilities and demolition will be to
pull-back curbs to reconstruct the four corners of the intersection. The
existing traffic pattern is not planned to change during this activity but
will remain in the current configuration. The second phase will be to
construct the center of the traffic circle. At this time, the contractor
will implement changes to the traffic pattern as needed to accommodate
grading and construction activity. No road closures are planned, but lane
shifts and uneven roadways should be anticipated.

Pedestrian movement through the intersection will be limited. Sidewalk
closures will be posted in advance. For safety reasons, we ask that you
respect these cautions and utilize alternate routes.
We are excited to be able to bring about this very significant improvement
for M Square.  We ask that you be patient and alert at all times during
this disruption, and mindful that our goal is to complete work efficiently
and safely, with as little inconvenience as possible. Thanks very much for
your assistance.

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor
Town of Riverdale Park, Maryland