[RP TownTalk] Volunteer for tree planting along NE Branch in Riverdale

Charlene Howard charlene at mwcog.org
Fri Apr 5 15:55:01 UTC 2013

I wanted to make sure Riverdale residents knew about this event....please read below for details.
I know a lot of us in the area use the NE Branch Trail, and its right in your backyard. RSVP to anacostia at mwcog.org<mailto:anacostia at mwcog.org>
On Saturday, April 13th, COG DEP will host a volunteer reforestation event in partnership with the Maryland-National Park and Planning Commission through a grant with the Maryland Department of Natural Resources - Forest Service at Riverdale Community Park from 9:00 AM to Noon.
This streamside planting is designed to protect the Northeast Branch tributary waters of the Anacostia River in Prince George's County, Maryland. Details and directions are included in the attached flyer.  You are invited to come help us work with community members to restore environmental habitat and learn about the Anacostia Watershed and Chesapeake Bay Restoration efforts.
We need volunteers!  Tell your friends and neighbors.  A great opportunity for community service hours.
We dig the holes for you !!!  All you have to do is plant and mulch the trees.
Hope to see some of you on Saturday, April 13th.
Thanks,
The DEP Stream Restoration Team:
John Galli, Phong Trieu, Brian LeCouteur, Aubin Maynard, Chris Adriance and Matt Gallagher
Brian M. LeCouteur
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
Principal Environmental Planner / Urban Forester
ISA Certified Arborist
777 North Capitol St. NE
Suite 300
Washington, DC  20002