[RP TownTalk] Fwd: US 1 (Baltimore Avenue) at MD 410 (East-West Highway)

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 16:00:12 UTC 2013

As always, I got a good, detailed response from the State Highway
Administration re my questions about the US1-MD410 intersection. I'm
somewhat persuaded by their answer on making the eastbound right turn lane
on 410 (I'd asked that they make it straight/right rather than right turn
only, allowing traffic to proceed from there and then turn right on Beale
Circle).  But I find the answer re the emergency vehicle cut in the median
on 410 at Beale Circle to be lame and irresponsible.  It's still an
accident waiting to happen - find a solution.  Signs could be put in the
median that are tall and narrow - or that are placed parallel to 410 and
therefore not protruding at all into the right-of-way. At the very least
those signs should say NO LEFT TURN to traffic coming from Beale Circle
onto 410.