[RP TownTalk] Mosquito spraying

Alan K. Thompson akthompson at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Thu Aug 1 02:36:19 UTC 2013

The mosquito spraying program is run by the Maryland Department of
Agriculture.  You can read about it at
http://mda.maryland.gov/plants-pests/Pages/mosquito_control_program_description.aspx,
and see the schedule for this year (Riverdale Park is Tuesday evenings) at
http://mda.maryland.gov/plants-pests/Documents/PGSprayList2013.pdf

If you want to call and talk to someone, the number they provide is
410-841-5870.

>From reading the (very long) description, I suspect that last night's
spraying was for adult mosquitos; they say this is usually done "when
mosquito activity is high, wind velocity is 2 to 10 mph, air temperature is
between 60 to 85 degrees F, relative humidity is high and a temperature
inversion exists."  If it's Tuesday night, and the weather is as described,
it's likely to happen again.

Best,

Alan